Outer Banks Internet, Inc. (OBI) has an opening for a talented and experienced Web Designer / Developer. OBI is a full service website solutions provider located on the famous Outer Banks of North Carolina. Websites, sun, sand, and surf. Will consider sub contractors.
The Web Designer will be responsible for producing custom website and application designs as well as updating and maintaining graphic standards for OBI’s current client websites. The successful candidate will develop websites that meet best practices in web design, usability, accessibility and search engine optimization. It is important that the Web Designer be able to take a project from initial design through final implementation and work closely with the project team and clients to deliver high quality, professional websites.
Required Skills/Knowledge :
- Experience with WordPress Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Understanding of cross-browser and cross platform compatibility and web standards
- Design background and high level of proficiency working with Illustrator & Photoshop and a firm handle of image optimization
- Extremely proficient in the latest versions of industry standard web design tools
- A strong understanding of designing site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and intuitive navigation schemes.
- Experience with e-commerce solutions
- Strong understanding of Social Media and website integration
- Self-motivated, positive personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident with written & oral communication skills with regard to customer management
- Enthusiastic and energetic work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and work in a multi-client environment
- Strong attention to quality & detail
- Deadline oriented
Web Designer Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Meet with sales and project management team to discuss and brainstorm ideas for new client websites, review and give creative and caring input on proposals, and possess the ability to closely estimate and adhere to hours for projects.
- Update existing client websites as well as OBI’s internal web applications and website projects.
- Online marketing including Search Engine Optimization and Social Media interactions
- Troubleshoot and test sites for usability and browser compatibility
- Interact well with clients and work in a team environment
- Actively use and update OBI’s project management software including: input project notes, use time-tracking, closely follow and update production schedule.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction and vision of projects, and make positive contributions toward OBI’s business goals.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- String understanding of WordPress CMS
- Experience with PHP, MySQL, jQuery
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- 2 years or more of professional web design experience
Along with your resume, please send a cover letter and a link to your portfolio or samples of your work – resumes without a portfolio of current work may not be considered.
Salary and Benefits:
Based on skills and experience
About the Outer Banks:
Located along the northeastern coast of North Carolina, the Outer Banks is a chain of barrier islands that lures over 7 million visitors each year to its beautiful natural beaches. A haven for outdoor enthusiasts, there are plenty of activites for all: surfing, windsurfing, fishing, hang gliding, diving, kayaking, birdwatching, boating, and more. With a rich history going back to the earliest of colonists, pirate legends, and eventually on to man’s greatest invention – powered flight, The Outer Banks is more than just a resort area, it’s home to more than 40,000 residents that make up a diverse and special community. For more information about the Outer Banks visit: http://www.outerbanks.org and http://www.outerbankschamber.com
To inquire about employment, send a resume to: email@example.com
Or call 252-441-6698 Ext. 122